November 20, 2017, 07:55:41 PM
News: Visit a North Carolina haunt this weekend!
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: What do you think about....  (Read 5094 times)
krb187
Completely Haunted

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2012, 12:01:23 AM »

At Sissy...
Nothing will make them go easier on you unless you have a small kid in your arms, & some of them still will not care!
[/quote]

Haha yeah I terrorized a toddler last year, I think Packbacker saw it if I'm not mistaken.

Julie
Mostly Haunted

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2012, 04:19:31 PM »

Slaughter,

I wasn't so much thinking about a tour when patrons were there (although that would be FUN!), but more a tour after the season was over. If there's anyone else out there like me, I'd love to actually be able to walk through and see the props, etc, without feeling I was holding up the line. Having actors around would be great, but maybe not necessary for this kind of tour?

And please don't get me wrong, I still want to go through the haunt another night and be scared out of my wits, too! This would just be a perk...if the owners didn't mind sharing what they had worked so hard to put into place.
Cousin Levi Slaughter
Completely Haunted

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2012, 05:04:06 PM »

I completely understand,
I have personally be given tours at several haunts while operating & also while not. There is something about being able to "look" and take your own time to see what you want.
Our problem "and I bet a lot of others also" is the haunt is only "ready" during the time we are operating...any other time it's under construction.
I know the guys at hacker house have done a "meet & greet"  in the past, but I don't know if it's just for actors & the "haunt industry" or not... maybe Slappy can share more.
Slaughter

I have a $89.00 chainsaw.... and I know how to use it....
Slappy
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2012, 07:00:11 PM »

For me, touching is okay as long as it's done right, just like anything else.  I don't want anyone getting hurt, or molested.  Maybe fingers through the hair, a grab at a leg or arm, someone (or something) brushes up against you as they walk past.  But I don't want someone just grabbing me and fighting with me.  Now maybe if you were to grab one person from a group and make them go off on their own...that would be interesting. 
Not actually being "inside" the haunt, I make contact with hundreds of people every night.  Some is initiated by me, but most of it is initiated by them.  Whether it be a high five, handshake, or some other contact, it works well for lulling people into a false sense of security.  Then when they get inside, it's no-holds-barred! 
Contact between actors and patrons can be very useful for a scare, but you have to have actors that can gauge which person is willing to be touched.  I've already seen enough people get pushed, punched or knocked down without initiating contact.  No inexperience actors or loose cannons should be allowed to do the touching.  Experienced, mature actors only.  Ones that can tell when to touch and not touch, when to back off, or when to push forward. 
As far as something like we did at Hacker House, with the full "lights out" tour and full contact.  It's take a certain type of person to be on both sides of that to be okay with it.  And that's exactly what you need.
Sissyhaunt
Completely Haunted

Hard Core Haunted House Attendee

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2012, 08:42:53 PM »

I agree with slappy, but I can honestly say HH has never lulled meinto any sense of security lol

Born on Friday the 13th. Could be why I love all things scary lol
Slappy
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2012, 08:47:13 PM »

What, we don't make you feel all warm and fuzzy before you go into the haunt?
Prof. Hacker
Completely Haunted

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2012, 11:06:10 AM »

...a behind the scenes look. Yes, I know, you didn't ask about that, just thought I would suggest it while I could! Smiley

We should be able to arrange something...  ;-)

-Prof.
Sissyhaunt
Completely Haunted

Hard Core Haunted House Attendee

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2012, 04:50:01 PM »

Wooo Hooo!!!

Born on Friday the 13th. Could be why I love all things scary lol
Julie
Mostly Haunted

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2012, 07:15:59 PM »

@Prof. Hacker,

You did understand that I didn't mean your folks dragged me behind the scenes, right? Smiley
Cousin Levi Slaughter
Completely Haunted

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2012, 07:27:18 PM »

I think Julie might have been to Hacker House before....

I have a $89.00 chainsaw.... and I know how to use it....
Julie
Mostly Haunted

« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2012, 07:29:45 PM »

I'd say that was a fair bet, Slaughter.
Slappy
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2012, 11:20:27 AM »

She's also a movie star at Hacker House...
Julie
Mostly Haunted

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2012, 10:39:04 PM »

LOL! Oh really. Next time, warn me so I can be ready for my close up!

And if you have footage, I would love to see it. I still have all my glow sticks. Smiley
Slappy
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2012, 10:44:46 AM »

I believe I have it here somewhere.  I'll have to shoot you an email Julie. 
Julie
Mostly Haunted

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2012, 05:53:25 PM »

That would be awesome, Slappy! Doing a happy dance!!
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: