December 15, 2017, 08:25:09 PM
News: Do something scary... go to a Haunted House!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The hidden gem  (Read 859 times)
packbacker
Completely Haunted

« on: October 28, 2012, 09:32:42 AM »

This is just my quick story to encourage people out there to check out as many new haunts as possible.  The large places are great and fun but you never know what could be lurking in your own backyard.  Sometimes it's horrible (been there done that this year!) but other time you stumble across a haunt that makes you just clap with glee, experience something you've never seen before, and fully remind you why you love this month so much.

Last night we set out to Campground Massacre and on the return trip decided to hit something else up since we drove all that way.  Using the area events tab here at NC Haunts we found that the Forbidden Forest wasn't too much of a detour.  We knew nothing about it.  Going in with zero expectations I had an AMAZING time.  I found situations I'd never encountered before in a haunt, small groups, people quitting, and the realization that this place (open 6 nights all season!) has been going for 17 years.  The whole thing just floored me.

Still with some time on our hands we get back on nchaunts and find we can hit a third- Hell Hound Hollow in Lexington, NC. Breaking a few speeding limits we made it before they closed up shop.....so we were the last group of the night.  Again no, hell honestly *low*, expectations we set out.  This place was just popping with actors in all sorts of places.  And yes for the first time this season someone got me.  We were discussing how I hadn't jumped all year.....and this tiny place got me. 

I'll put reviews up later but I highly encourage people to not forget about the little folks.  Part of the thrill for me is seeking out these places to find the hidden gem- if circumstances allow I'm taking people back Monday night!  The big / bigger haunts have their places and are amazing but don't forget to check out some others!

"You can't piss on hospitality.  I won't allow it!"
nctrembley0613
Completely Haunted

Acherontia atropos

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 11:10:00 AM »

Where r u going back to Mon night?

...I find delight in the gruesome and grim...(Oh that's terrible! Madam Mim)...Thank you my boy, but that's nothing, nothing for me, cause I'm the magnificent, marvelous,...mad, mad, mad, mad Madam Mim!!
packbacker
Completely Haunted

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 11:16:56 AM »

Id go back to either but specifically Forbidden Forest if I get someone to tag along.  (reviews coming soon!)

"You can't piss on hospitality.  I won't allow it!"
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: