December 12, 2017, 06:32:25 PM
News: Visit a North Carolina haunt this weekend!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Warped Woods Home Haunt  (Read 796 times)
hauntoverload

« on: November 03, 2013, 04:55:16 PM »

Date attended: 10/31/13

NOTE: These scores are based on the home haunt level, not like a pro haunt.

Scare Factor: 4/5 - Pretty good atmosphere for a home haunt. You wait in a small clearing at the front of a patch of woods, and see the small turn into the haunt. There's a big facade blocking the haunt - all you can see is flashing strobes and loud heavy metal pumping. It really puts you in the mood, especially when you see screaming girls running from a chainsaw at the exit (which is across from the entrance). You go in and you are immersed in an old fashioned spook trail.

Actors: 5.5/5 - These guys are AMAZING. Most of them are teenagers, but they have their stuff together. They know how to look the part and sell the part. The theme was an old abandoned insane asylum, they had bloody gory costumes and hospital gowns, distorted masks, and they looked amazing. Mostly jump scares here, but they move around A LOT. I was told there were only 8 actors, but it felt like 20. Some stalking, chasing, everything. They love what they do and do a great job of it.

Set Design/Props/FX: 3.5/5 - Normal home haunt. Black plastic walls, one makeshift building, a claustrophobic section where you have to get down and crawl.  No animatronics or pnuematic props here - but that's understandable. Great gory effects - there was one set that I thought HAD to be real human intestines all over the wall. The playground scene looked great, and the actor there was superb.

Length: 3/5 - Typical home haunt. About 4 minutes for the whole thing. I only waited about 5 minutes so I was pleased.

Value: Not Applicable - I can't really give a value, because it's free. I think these guys could get away with charging a buck or two to make some money because I could tell they spent a lot.

Overall: 4.5/5 - Really great home haunt. These guys put there heart and soul into it. They love what they do and could easily go pro. They do a lot of work and sacrifice a lot of time and effort into it, and it pays off. They had 115 people in 2 hours they said, which is pretty good for a home haunt. 57 an hour is a good bit for home haunters especially when you only send in groups of 4. All in all it was very fun.

Other - Limited parking, but not bad. No concessions, but what did you expect. Very good home haunt.
packbacker
Completely Haunted

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 06:41:12 PM »

where was this?  and only open Halloween I assume?

"You can't piss on hospitality.  I won't allow it!"
hauntoverload

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 03:32:11 PM »

They are in Conover NC (that's near Newton and Hickoru). They were open October 25 and 31. Not sure the exact address, I just followed signs, lol. I talked with the owner and he said that they should be open next Halloween, too.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: