December 15, 2017, 08:28:49 PM
News: The Screaming Season is Here!  Visit a Featured Haunt and Enjoy!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: HBO's True Blood  (Read 14545 times)
nctrembley0613
Completely Haunted

Acherontia atropos

« on: October 30, 2008, 12:14:59 PM »

I was wondering if anyone is watching True Blood on HBO?  This show falls right in line with the dark side of humanity that many of us on this site find so facinating.

Any fans lurking around?  This show is like a religion to me, I am that much of a fan already.  I will go so far as to say I find myself wishing the week away just so Sunday at 9PM will hurry up and get here!!!!!

...I find delight in the gruesome and grim...(Oh that's terrible! Madam Mim)...Thank you my boy, but that's nothing, nothing for me, cause I'm the magnificent, marvelous,...mad, mad, mad, mad Madam Mim!!
Karmakrazy13
Completely Haunted

Frightseeking Since 2007

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 12:34:20 PM »

I watch it but not when it airs, I really enjoy the show, it does things that catch you off guard, and its about vampires!!!!! It is a kick ass show

You can run, but you cannot hide
Slappy
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 01:17:32 PM »

Karma, I'm gonna have to disagree with you this time.  This show is basically a rip-off of the "Twilight" series, and the acting is absolutely horrible.  But again, this is just my opinion.
Karmakrazy13
Completely Haunted

Frightseeking Since 2007

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 01:19:25 PM »

I never read twilight so it does not affect me in that way, I cant stand the accents in the show, but its a darker show, and I think it has a lot of potential

You can run, but you cannot hide
Slappy
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008, 01:23:57 PM »

Potential, yes. Let's just hope they utilize it.
nctrembley0613
Completely Haunted

Acherontia atropos

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2008, 04:27:38 PM »

The acting is comical at times, but the story lines are GOOOODDD!!  Normally, I don't like vampire shows all that much...but this one has me wrapped up like a drug addict.

...I find delight in the gruesome and grim...(Oh that's terrible! Madam Mim)...Thank you my boy, but that's nothing, nothing for me, cause I'm the magnificent, marvelous,...mad, mad, mad, mad Madam Mim!!
~honey~
Completely Haunted

Crazed Blonde

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2008, 07:27:19 PM »

You know, I was really excited about this show, but it's utter crap, honestly.  It's like Twilight's red-headed cousin... the actors have no chemistry, the dialogue leaves everything to be desired, and the accents make me laugh.  Ugh, I can't believe I wasted time watching the first 6 episodes.

At least I got to see some boobs.

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

*FrightSeeker and Hacker*
Radiant_Red
Completely Haunted

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2009, 10:05:00 AM »

Anyone else been watching True Blood this season? I love it.

Fair is foul, and foul is fair

All Hallow's Eve has become a night of frolic, where children wear costumes and run amok!
handfulofrubies82
Completely Haunted

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2009, 11:04:20 AM »

I'm loving true blood - the second season has been great. I hope Mary Anne gets it in the end - i'm waiting....

I think I may be a team eric fan now

I can't wait to read the books

Fortune Favors the Bold
Slappy
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2009, 04:49:59 PM »

Sorry, still can't get into it.  And now I see their bringing another vampire show to network TV.  I'm about all vamped out.  Time to move onto the next fad.
krb187
Completely Haunted

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2009, 04:52:57 PM »

i vote we we bring back the monster from the black lagoon  Grin

Slappy
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2009, 04:55:06 PM »

All I have to say is d**n Anne Rice and her glorified, "beautified" portrayal of what used to a truly horrifying monster.  Want to see a real vampire?  Watch Nosferatu.
krb187
Completely Haunted

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2009, 04:57:54 PM »

yeah Nosferatu is still creepy to this day, the whole rising straight up thing freaks me out

~honey~
Completely Haunted

Crazed Blonde

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2009, 08:05:41 PM »

Okay, so while the first season might have sucked, I have to say that I'm really enjoying the second season!  Finally, less of Bill (thank god), more action, and more funny.  The first season just seemed to be dry.  This one we have religious persecution, a 2000 year old vampire offing himself, a maenad making people go crazy and orgy, and so much more.

And all I have to say is Eric Northman ROCKS.  Now THAT is more what a vampire is supposed to be like.  Dangerous, mysterious, and not sparkly!

But agreed, Nosferatu is creepy and much more realistic (in my mind) than the stuff out now.  And the new show coming out, called The Vampire Diaries, looks a lot closer to Twilight than True Blood is.  At least in my opinion. 

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

*FrightSeeker and Hacker*
Radiant_Red
Completely Haunted

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2009, 07:37:12 PM »

I guess you all prefer the "30 days of night" vampire as well....?

Fair is foul, and foul is fair

All Hallow's Eve has become a night of frolic, where children wear costumes and run amok!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Jump to: