December 15, 2017, 08:37:55 PM
News: Visit a haunt in Virginia this season!
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Halloween Music  (Read 8853 times)
krb187
Completely Haunted

« on: March 02, 2010, 08:47:05 PM »

I want to know what music you think is scary, creepy, or just good for Halloween. For example a certain song/band/album etc.

NCHadmin
Administrator
Completely Haunted

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 07:44:22 AM »

Here's a few cd's that are great for touring the crypts at night.
   Midnight Syndicate (they have several cd's, I like "Born of the Night" best, but that's me)
   Brutal Planet  (has great sound effects, hard to find, Morris Costumes may still carry it)
   Mannheim Steamroller's Halloween cd's (good mood setters)

Several scary movie soundtracks are excellent, here's what I think are the best:
   Land of the Dead (most excellent high-tension themes)
   Greetings from Burkitsville  (unnerving and unexpectedly good)
   Silent Hill (as creepy as the games it came from)
   Sleepy Hollow  (great spooky themes)

-NCHAdmin

ps - "This is Halloween" is my favorite song, of course!

« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 07:58:02 AM by NCHadmin » Logged
Slappy
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 06:35:42 PM »

Gotta agree with Admin.  There is also some incredible orchestral music that is creepy, but I can't come up with it off the top of my head right now.

I've always thought Godsmack has a pretty creepy sound.  I remember "Voodoo" playing at the beginning of "Fear" on MTV.  A great mood setter. 

I do have to add the soundtrack to "Halloween".  The music from the "Saw" franchise is a good one for getting people anxious.  The minor keys are awesome.  And I might also add several soundtracks from Stanley Kubrick movies, such as "Full Metal Jacket".  While most people won't think of them, there is a lot of creepy, tense music in his movies.
krb187
Completely Haunted

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 11:07:23 AM »

I've always found tribal music kind of creepy. Midway had a great tribal sountrack playing at one part of there haunt last year and it was really unnerving to me.

Badger
Completely Haunted

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 08:17:56 PM »

Anything by Midnight Syndicate, Virgil Franklin, Gathering of Darkness, or Jerry Vayne.  Google them for music samples...

Cousin Levi Slaughter
Completely Haunted

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2010, 12:33:04 PM »

We play ALOT of 70's & 80's metal... we found out alot of people don't like loud rock music, so it works as a tool to get out of their comfort zone. Some people do like it, & for those people it seems to pump them up to go inside. It's a win win for me Because I could listen to it 24 / 7 plus that is the real " stlye" of haunt. we strive for that grainy,dark, in your face , oldschool stlye of haunt!

I have a $89.00 chainsaw.... and I know how to use it....
ReLlIK ThE KiLlEr CloWn
Completely Haunted

MaKeS ME LAfF!

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2010, 11:13:43 PM »

We play ALOT of 70's & 80's metal... we found out alot of people don't like loud rock music, so it works as a tool to get out of their comfort zone.

We did the exact same, except at the clown scene of course..
Then I chose to do all the techno remixs of rock songs..

I'm not a clown that makes you laugh, instead you MAKE ME LAUGH as you Scream in PAIN!
packbacker
Completely Haunted

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2010, 07:57:16 PM »

Yep I'm working on some CDs in August....shut up.   Smiley

I've got a series of three that I'm working on for trick or treaters, rides to haunts, etc.  Tell me what essential horror film themes, halloween songs, mood music, etc. I'm missing!!!  Open to all suggestions!  Discs 2 and 3 need the most work.

Disc 1-- Basically theme music
Halloween, NOES, F13th, Suspiria, Psycho, The Fog, Phantasm, Exorcist, The Shining, Cape Fear, Dawn of the Dead, The Omen, Phantom of the Opera, Ed Wood, Return of the Living Dead, Saw, The Thing

Disc 2--- Darker Mood Music
Some Herschell Gordon Lewis mood music, Marilyn Manson's "This is Halloween", Alice Cooper's "Welcome to My Nightmare", Rob Zombie's "House of 1000 Corpses", Highway to Hell, "Every Day is Halloween", "Spiderbaby", "Boris the Spider", "Cry Little Sister" from "The Lost Boys"

Disc 3---- Lighter fare
Ghostbusters, Monster Mash, Thriller, Original "This is Halloween", werewolves of london, don't fear the reaper, bad moon rising, I put a spell on you

"You can't piss on hospitality.  I won't allow it!"
Slappy
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2010, 08:25:44 PM »

Is that the original "Cry Little Sister", or the latest remix by Seasons After?  If you haven't heard that one, be sure to check it out.  Also, might I suggest "Nightmare" by Avenged Sevenfold, an excellent song (as well as most other songs by Avenged Sevenfold).  Give me time, I'll think of more.
packbacker
Completely Haunted

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2010, 09:12:40 PM »

Good stuff.  Like the Cry Little Sister version.  I think the Avenged Sevenfold song is a bit too extreme if I use disc 2 for trick or treaters but haven't ruled it out yet...

Keep em coming.

"You can't piss on hospitality.  I won't allow it!"
handfulofrubies82
Completely Haunted

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2010, 09:45:12 PM »

For lighter fare, you might try Aiko Aiko  or Iko Iko. Not exactly halloween, but I first heard it in the Skeleton Key - we used it in our haunted louisiana swamp yard haunt one year.  I don't know exactly which artist to reccomend, you might just want to try a few.

Fortune Favors the Bold
Slappy
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2010, 09:16:09 AM »

There used to be another thread on here about Halloween music, it had some good idea.  Let me see if I can find it...

Here it is! 

http://www.nchaunts.com/forum/index.php/topic,583.0.html
krb187
Completely Haunted

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2010, 11:52:20 AM »

Sweet Dreams by Marilyn Manson is a must. Also check out the cd Iowa by Slipknot, the actual song Iowa is one of the creepiest things I've ever heard and Gently and Skin Ticket are pretty creepy too.

Karmakrazy13
Completely Haunted

Frightseeking Since 2007

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2010, 10:58:06 AM »

There used to be another thread on here about Halloween music, it had some good idea.  Let me see if I can find it...

Here it is! 

http://www.nchaunts.com/forum/index.php/topic,583.0.html

You can run, but you cannot hide
Karmakrazy13
Completely Haunted

Frightseeking Since 2007

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2010, 10:58:21 AM »

Nox Arcana is a must

You can run, but you cannot hide
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to: