December 12, 2017, 06:29:47 PM
News: The Screaming Season is Here!  Visit a Featured Haunt and Enjoy!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Halloween Music  (Read 8822 times)
jhc36
Mostly Haunted

« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2010, 06:25:54 PM »

Nox Arcana is a must

Yeah, completely agree with this one.  Midnight Syndicate is good too.
Badger
Completely Haunted

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2010, 08:02:02 PM »

My good friend Jerry Vayne  released his second "Haunt-stumetal" CD 'The Soul Collector" just this past week.  I hear there's a special guest voice on the track "The Graves Hollow Witch".  I wonder who it could be... Wink  Seriously though, if you need some rockin' royalty-free haunt music for your attraction,party, or other I highly recommend his stuff...

http://www.myspace.com/jerryvaynemusic  for samples and ordering info.

packbacker
Completely Haunted

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2011, 11:53:12 AM »

Ok so updating my Halloween cds this year in July.....shut up it's too damn hot to be outside anyways.

Updating a 3 cd set....and may add a 4th depending on how things shape up.  Recommendations welcome!  Going back to check out Nox Arcana and Avenged Sevenfold per past advice.

Disc 1:  Theme Music interspersed with horror movie quotes
Halloween theme, Elm Street Kids song, NOES theme, Phantasm, The Fog, The Exorcist, Friday 13th, Psycho, Suspiria, Dawn of the Dead, The Thing, The Shining, Cape Fear, The Omen, Phantom of the Opera, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Ed Wood, Jaws,  Return of the Living Dead, Saw

--------------- Found that the weakest section is Phantasm through Exorcist so may replace some there if possible

Disc 2:  Darker "mood" music

Herschell Gordon Lewis "official warning" and "Eyes Gouged Out", Pinhead's boiler room speech, Marilyn Manson's This is Halloween, Alice Cooper "Welcome to My Nightmare", Rob Zombies House of 1000 Corpses/The Unholy 3, Rob Zombie's The Devils Rejects, Highway to hell, Tre Lux "everyday is halloween", karma parking's "spider baby", the who "boris the spider", type 0 negative's "All hallow's eve", 4 unnamed tracks from a friends mix, spectrum x's "Trick or Treat (we're coming to your town), Alice cooper's "Feed my frankenstein", Vincent price's monologue from thriller

-------------Like the flow of the CD but this is my weakest knowledge base of music genres.  Think I could probably do a volume 2 with suggestions.  I think maybe one that is suitable for trick or treaters (all 4 of em I get) and one for me to blare in the car on the way to haunts that has no language restrictions!

Disc 3:  Light kid friendly halloween fare

This Is Halloween, Sci-Fi Double Feature  (from rocky horror), Vincent Price reading The Raven, Monster Mash, Thriller, The X files theme, twilight zone theme, ghostbusters, True Blood theme, CCR's Bad Moon Rising, Blue Oyster Cult's "Dont Fear teh Reaper", Screaming Jay Hawkin's "I put a spell on you", Mark Douglas "Trick or Treat or Die", The Frankenstein Drag Queens of Planet 13's "The Story of Trick or Treat Pete", Time Warp, Cry Little Sister from The Lost Boys, Werewolves of London by Warren Zevon, Oingo Boingo's "Dead Man's Party"

------weakest of the 3 by far but my least favorite

"You can't piss on hospitality.  I won't allow it!"
krb187
Completely Haunted

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2011, 02:27:55 PM »

I don't know which category you'd put it under but I'd check out the soundtrack for The Collector it's got some pretty cool stuff on it.

Cousin Levi Slaughter
Completely Haunted

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2011, 03:14:16 PM »

Your disk 2 is the style music we play, it even  has some same songs we play. Some of my favorites you have to add ....Let the bodies hit the floor-by Drowning Pool,  Living dead girl- by Rob Zombie, Harvester of sarrow, by Metallica, & Parinoid -by Black Sabith.
Just my opinion but I feel like  fast pace, loud, in your face music really gets people in the mood to go inside our haunt & the people that don't like "metal music", well it works as a tool to take them out of their comfort zone. It's a win / win to me!
Slaughter

I have a $89.00 chainsaw.... and I know how to use it....
packbacker
Completely Haunted

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2011, 06:32:03 PM »

Thanks for the suggestions....keep em coming.

krb-  the movie with the messed up traps and killer?  Looked briefly and can't find anything

slaughter- will check em out....they used to play "Bodies" before football games.  Best intro song I can remember in Carter Finley....the students went NUTS with it.  Got that one in the library and will move it into the Halloween folder.

Have added (not to a particular playlist):  Ac/DC's hells bells, ozzy's mr. crowley, talking heads psycho killer, nox arcana's calliope clowns, and avenged sevenfold's nightmare

Badger
Completely Haunted

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2011, 06:39:59 PM »

A word to the wise: If you are running a for-profit haunt and use trademarked music without paying royalties to ASCAP, BMI or to the artist themselves, technically you are breaking copyright laws. My brother is a business attorney and he can verify the exact laws if needed.  There is plenty of public-domain and royalty free music out there if you know where to look...

Most people are familiar with Midnight Syndicate but they don't put out the types of music mentioned above.  I HIGHLY recommend Jerry Vayne the 'Hauntrametalist' for anything dark and heavy.  He has three quality CD's of instrumental metal and has custom made music for several haunts, including some of my clients (hence the props I'm giving).  I would suggest you give him a listen and drop him a line.  He is a VERY cool guy to work with.  www.jerryvayne.com

I would also suggest Virgil Franklin (master of the ethermuse) for some of his themed CDs.  He has CDs featuring clowns, pirates, hillbillies, aliens, and many more.  www.virgilmusic.net.  Both of these artists have ROYALTY-FREE music that you can use forever without worry.  

(DISCLAIMER: I receive no kickbacks for either of these artists.)

There are many other ambient haunt composers out there, take the time to find them and use them and you could save yourself some unnecessary hassles down the road...

« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 06:45:10 PM by Badger » Logged

krb187
Completely Haunted

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2011, 04:37:54 PM »

Yeah that's the one. Try going to like wikipedia and downloading the songs individually. If you still can't find them they're all on youtube and you can go to www.youconvertit.com to rip the song from the video and convert to mp3 its all free and you don't have to download a program or anything. It's how I get songs i can't find onto my ipod.

Karmakrazy13
Completely Haunted

Frightseeking Since 2007

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2011, 09:10:19 AM »

Working on my CD's and playlist as we speak. Does anyone know any good Gothic rock that has that Halloween sound??

You can run, but you cannot hide
Karmakrazy13
Completely Haunted

Frightseeking Since 2007

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2011, 09:12:35 AM »

I am going to make a playlist on Spotify and will share it with you all. If you need a spotify invite, let me know

scaremaster08
A Little Haunted

« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2011, 09:14:05 AM »

Dangerous toys-Scared, and check out the guys called halloween machine they do metal versions of horror themes and scary music

GET SKEERED!!!!
scaremaster08
A Little Haunted

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2011, 09:15:59 AM »

Dangerous toys-Scared, and halloween machine they do metal covers of halloween music, and karmayou could try some old leaves eyes and old lacuna coil

GET SKEERED!!!!
Karmakrazy13
Completely Haunted

Frightseeking Since 2007

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2011, 09:51:10 AM »

230 tracks, 10 hours of music. Am I missing anything?? http://open.spotify.com/user/karmakrazy412/playlist/4Jyb0oFU5lUiNozHUDWIlA

Slappy
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2011, 10:25:28 AM »

Old Lacuna Coil is classic!
packbacker
Completely Haunted

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2011, 12:26:01 PM »

karma-  Definitely gonna check that out tonight.  Will try and link my spotify halloween list(s) if I can figure out how.  Had a hard drive crash and lost almost everything music-wise.  Been slowly working to rebuild it but need to get my butt in gear.  Glad you posted this!

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to: