December 14, 2017, 11:51:57 AM
News: Visit a haunt in Virginia this season!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Pitch Black Mazes and Particular Scares  (Read 3549 times)
hauntedgenre

« on: October 16, 2011, 10:58:30 PM »

We want to be scared!  What are all the elements which comprise the 'scare factor'?

There's the startle scare (the body jolt often followed by a scream or a loud cuss word); the disoriented scare (the sensation of dizziness, nausea, or vertigo), and then the psychological scare (mental discomfort stimulated by a phobia or paranoia caused by increasing anxiety which is usually unpleasant, but somehow thrilling).  You see, I wig out on certain psychological freak outs whereas my better half wigs out on startle scares.  I would like to know all the haunts that have long ass pitch black mazes and she'd like to know the ones with high shock value.  Midway Wicked Woods and the first house in Woods of Terror have the only pitch black mazes so far (out of where we have been this year).  The best startles are in Xtreme Fear, Wicked Woods, and Woods of Terror so far. 

Does anyone know more haunts that have these types of scares in particular?  Thank you for input!

If you don't pay attention and if your imagination isn't pretty much engaged, you're going to miss things and you're going to miss opportunities for it to be as compelling and as creepy as it can be. -Bruce Greenwood
Slappy
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 07:43:44 AM »

We at Hacker House have a dark maze, which has gotten many people lost this season.  Another haunt that has a good maze is Midway Wicked Woods, but be warned if you're claustrophobic.  Camp Fear had a big one last time I was there, too.

Most haunts have some startle scares.  At HH we go for startle scares and in-your-face scares.  We invade your personal space and try to take you out of your comfort zone.  Our actors don't quit.   We'll jump in your car if we have to (right, Sissyhaunt?).  We pride ourselves in that we're always told our actors are what make us great.  And our people take those compliments and run with them.
Sissyhaunt
Completely Haunted

Hard Core Haunted House Attendee

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 08:19:35 AM »

You have to go to Hacker House then it is a must! Somehow they have managed to traumatize us to the point of seeing them when we close our eyes safe in our beds. They don't break character EVER!

Born on Friday the 13th. Could be why I love all things scary lol
Prof. Hacker
Completely Haunted

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 10:28:37 AM »

You have to go to Hacker House then it is a must! Somehow they have managed to traumatize us to the point of seeing them when we close our eyes safe in our beds. They don't break character EVER!

...um.... ah....

Don't look under the bed.

;-)

-Prof.
Sissyhaunt
Completely Haunted

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 11:12:56 AM »

Ha ha no worries about anything under my bed. I don't have a bed frame so mine sits on the floor lol. AND I don't have to worry about the closet because I have an old house and the only way to keep the doors closed is by bolting them hee hee. I even have a lock on the attic so my house is monster safe lmao.

Slappy
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 04:42:45 PM »

Haha, monster safe...  As if there is a such thing.  You should know by now that as loud as I am, Bacon can sneak up on anybody!   Grin
Sissyhaunt
Completely Haunted

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 05:30:03 PM »

Ha ha my house is safer than Fort Knox. Now bethyboos house is not lol.

Dr. Johnas Hacker
Completely Haunted

Give me a SPARKS!.. and I will let you live.

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2011, 08:48:15 PM »

Tell you a little secret...... we dwell in the walls of your home....... so if you seem that something is watching you, look behind your pictures hanging that are hanging on them.......

I will make you Scream yourself to sleep....
Sissyhaunt
Completely Haunted

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2011, 08:52:20 PM »

Ha ha strike again. I am a terrible decorator so no pictures hanging and walls, doors and windows have been smudged with sage. So still safe lol.

nctrembley0613
Completely Haunted

Acherontia atropos

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2011, 10:15:16 PM »

Hacker House is pretty intense, I wouldn't miss it.  My personal favorite is Xtreme Fear, hands down the best overall scare I've truly had, but what they offer is what I am looking for.  You are hitting all the hot spots this season!  You'll have to tell us what the breakdown is.

...I find delight in the gruesome and grim...(Oh that's terrible! Madam Mim)...Thank you my boy, but that's nothing, nothing for me, cause I'm the magnificent, marvelous,...mad, mad, mad, mad Madam Mim!!
ReLlIK ThE KiLlEr CloWn
Completely Haunted

MaKeS ME LAfF!

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2011, 11:22:36 AM »

Sissy, would you like to see a magic trick? >Smiley

I'm not a clown that makes you laugh, instead you MAKE ME LAUGH as you Scream in PAIN!
13moons
Haunted

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2012, 01:10:05 AM »

In 2012, the best pitch-black mazes, or nearly pitch-black mazes are as follows:
1. Haunted Pyramids 2012 - darkest; potentially longest
2. Midway Wicked Woods 2012 - mostly dark; longest
3. Hacker House 2012 - mostly dark; varies
4. Trotterville Haunted Attraction 2012 - dark; not very long
5.  Spookywoods 2012- dark; not very long
6.  Woods of Terror 2012- dark; short

Please reply if you know something else for 2012 re: pitch black mazes at haunts.

I tried to think of a logical solution that could explain what I had just seen a solution that excluded the assumption that I was insane.
Bella Swan, Twilight, Chapter 3, p.59
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: